Why Yale Astronomy for your PhD?
- Access to world-class observing facilities
- A wide range of research interests across department/faculty members
- Easy access to high performance computing facilities
How to Apply
- All applicants should submit their application through the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences application system by December 15, 2019
Applicants are expected to have a strong undergraduate preparation in physics and mathematics. Although some formal training in astronomy is useful, it is by no means a prerequisite for admission.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) prior to matriculation at Yale.
- A statement of purpose.
- Unofficial transcripts for each prior college or university attended.
- A General GRE is required, the Physics GRE is optional (you will not be penalized if you do not submit the Physics GRE scores, but they will be taken into consideration if submitted.)
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Application fee (please refer to Fees section).