The Yale-NASA Remote Observing Facility is open to observers from Yale and NASA who have been awarded time on the Keck telescopes. Requests for the use of the facility are accomplished through the Keck Observer’s Login Page.
User Guides and Policies
- Quick Guide to Remote Observing at YROF
- Technical Guide for Remote Workstation at YROF
- Yale Polycom System Guides
- Mainland Observing Checkout Procedure
- Keck I Telescope Drive Limits
- W.M. Keck Observatory Policy on Mainland Observing
- Yale University Remote Observing Facility Allocation Policy
- Airmass chart for Mauna Kea
- Mauna Kea weather forecast
- Mauna Kea current conditions (temperature, dew point, etc.)
- Hawaii weather satellite image (IR time lapse) (temperature, dew point, etc.)
- Mauna Kea web cameras
New Haven at Night
Night Food Options
- Good Nature Market - 44 Whitney Avenue (a few blocks away)
- Grubhub (order for delivery from various establishments)
- Farnam Guest House (bed and breakfast)
- Marriott Courtyard New Haven
- New Haven Hotel
- New Haven Omni Hotel
- Piazza Santo Ronan (bed and breakfast)
- The Study at Yale Hotel
- The facility is located at 46 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06511, room 011.
- Yale Transportation Options Website
- Yale Parking Map (Detail) From 4:00p-7:00a, and all day on weekends, all nearby Yale lots indicated by the color yellow on the map are open free of charge. From 7:00 a-4:00p M-F, Lot 16V is $8/day.
Note: E-mail addresses are formatted firstname.lastname@example.org. The best way to reach your support during an observing run is via telephone and a reply to E-mail is not guaranteed outside of business hours (8:30a-5:00p ET).